About books...

I don't usually talk about books, because I don't consider myself an avid reader -- yes, that's awful to say because I'm a writer, for God's sake. But that's true -- I am such a slow reader that it takes me forever to finish a book. I love books -- I have stacks of them in my house -- but I just don't seem to get around to them. And when I start on a book, it will take me a long time to finish, and most often I don't. I have a very short attention span and that's why I prefer movies.

But I'm excited to talk about my online friend, Patricia Wood's new, debut novel, Lottery. The buzz on this book is amazing, and I expect to see it on the bestseller lists soon. What is great about the book, for me, is that it's a joyful read. Told from 30-year-old Perry's point of view, the voice is at once personable and engaging. You see, Perry is NOT retarded -- he has an IQ of 76. "76," he says. And from then on, you know you're in for a treat.

I finished the book in four days. It may sound awfully long, but believe me, if you know me at all, you'd know I've read it as fast as I could, and it must have been a good book. And it wasn't just because Pat's a friend. It was because the book really was that engaging.

Pat's book is on sale now. I had the privilege of getting a signed ARC from the author herself -- we exchanged our books, but of course, she got the worse deal in the trade.

Get a copy and tell me what you think.

Comments

ORION said…
That is SO not true - I did NOT get the worse end of the deal. I got a FINISHED BOOK that will NOT be given away thank you very much!!!!
Ray ( in case you haven't noticed) got an ARC with BOOBOOS in it!!!!! (That is a technical term for mistakes).
Thanks for the mention!
MaNiC MoMMy™ said…
Checking in to see what you thought of Lottery!
Ray said…
Perry is my friend.
Mindy Tarquini said…
Perry's my friend, too.
Joanne said…
I've seen the buzz about Lottery. I guess I'm going to break down and buy a copy. Your description sounds intriguing.

Popular Posts