Monday Meme #9 - Blogiversary

I know I said that I didn't really do Meme, but I think this one is pretty good just for nostalgic reason:

Dawno asked us to turn back time: go to our archives and find the very first post. Tell everyone why I decided to start a blog...

So here it is, my very first blog post, and I'll let it speak for itself:

Sunday, December 28, 2003


Anyway, I decided to start a new blog about my life as a writer. And boy, do I have plenty to say. But first, let me tell you something about myself.

Why do I want to become a writer?

Because, let me tell you, if you can't do what you love then you are not truly living. We spend a lot of time in our lives at "work," and most people hate their jobs. What a waste of time. I believe that we must follow our passions and do what we love to do. Some people say, "But what about earning a living? Bringing the bacon home?" Yes, it's tough, especially if you have a family to support. However, the fundamental question still is: Who do you work for? I hope the answer is: YOU. And trust me, if you follow your dreams and devote your life and energy in doing what you believe in, and what you love, instead of making your employer a rich person/entity, eventually you will find your way and you WILL make a living (a good one, even) at it. Best of all, it won't be work. If you do what you love to do and will do it anyway, it is not work. It is fun. It is life.


AWMondayMemes, Raymond Wong, Writing

Comments

ohdawno said…
Yay! Great example of exactly how I hoped this meme would work! Thank you for posting it (((huggles))
Esther Avila said…
I know what you mean. I LOVE my job. Every story I go cover -- I'm like, "I can't believe they're paying me to do this."

I was recently offered a couple of great newspaper jobs but I didn't take them because I LOVE to write and I want to work on my novel and on magazine articles. :-)
Joanne said…
Very nice first blog entry. So true, too. I'm doing what I love to do, and writing is my life. ;)

Popular Posts