Day 52

Yet another "crash and burn" yesterday. I wonder what is happening with me -- this can't be normal, can it? I mean every single week. It's like a recurring theme. It's like my biological clock strikes at 3 P.M. on Thursday, and chimes, "Stop whatever you're doing. It's time to crash."

It's outrageous. I mean, I had a whole scene planned yesterday that I was so excited to write, and I only managed, like, 50 words before I started to feel really bad, like I was coming down with the flu or something. It was awful.

And why does it have to be Thursday? Why can't it be Sunday instead? Or even Monday -- since Monday is supposed to be crappy and awful. Why does it have to be Wednesday or Thursday, when I HAVE THINGS TO DO!

The good thing is, at least it's not Friday. It's Friday now and I feel just fine, ready to take on the world. The problem is, the weekend is looming, too, so my motivation level is down as well... it's like between the "crash" on Thursday and the weekend, I'm only motivated to work 4 days a week. I know, it's an excuse, but still it sucks. Why can't I crash on Sunday, on which I tend to take it easy anyway? That way, I can have at least FIVE fully productive days a week.

***

Don't you just love it on those days when the words just flow like beer? (Or beer that flows like water, for that matter) Not that those words are any better or worse than others, but they don't feel LABORED, not like I had to squeeze them out of my ass.

Words flow for me when I know the characters so well that they just act out the whole scene(s) in front of me. All I have to do is record what they do and let it play out. It's awesome. Feels like there's not much I have to do but to describe what I see in my mind's eye. I love it when that happens.

After a crappy day yesterday and a good session today, I feel like having sushi.

Raw fish... mmmmmm!


800 words, 21800 words total
313 days and 163700 words to go

Comments

Popular Posts