Abundance Mentality

Of all the things I've learned in the last few years while facking challenges in my life, the "abundance mentality" is possibly one of the most inspiring and affirmative things. If you don't know what it is, Google it.

For the longest time, I've been living in a world, a culture that are deeply ingrained in the scarcity mentality. Resources are limited; jobs are scarce; there are only so many eligible singles out there! Don't miss your chance! How could I/we not buy into that and believe in that when we're constantly being rejected, when it seems so impossible to get and have what we want?

But you see, this mentality is like poison, and if you believe in the law of attraction, this deeply ingrained mindset of "scarcity" affects everything we do, even subconsciously. We start to live small and in fear. We doubt ourselves when we want to dream big. We believe that even if we try hard, we won't get what we want. We believe that there is only ONE perfect match for us, so we dread that we may now end up growing old alone because "the one has gotten away."

Oh the turmoil. The trauma. The limitation.

Instead, what I have learned is that I have to completely recondition myself and retrain myself (trust me, it's not easy to do -- it will probably take me a much longer time to fully internalize this) to think that there is an abundance of everything. Well, may be no unlimited, but certainly more than enough to go around.  Even if I still have to struggle to find a job, something to eat, a publisher who will buy my book, etc. by knowing that there is no shortage out there, and that it's just a matter of time, I get to live a much more relaxed, happy life by focusing on what I can control and do, and not worry about "there's nothing out there for me."

The "abundance mindset" is life-changing in many ways.


Comments

Popular Posts