Time to Write

Finally. With all the publicity and promotional stuff out of the way, and a few more weeks before my first event, finally I have the time to get back to my writing. It's been quite a while. I've put aside my WIP for way too long, and I have a few short stories I need to rewrite and submit for publications. I still haven't heard back from Mundania but I am not going to stress about it -- I am not in a hurry. Book signings can wait.

I made a pact with myself that I must finish my new novel this year. It's way overdue. I can't wait to finish this one and move on to the other ideas, and I've got a few brewing right now. That's really what excites me about being a writer, and not the book signings and publicity and promotions and marketing. I have to remind myself that I am a writer first, a businessman second. Yes, they're all related, and I have to work hard on both fronts if I want people to know about my books and read them. But if I don't write these books, there will be nothing for people to read.

I realize I need to recommit myself to the craft of writing. The business side of things have distracted me for the past year and a half. Now that The Pacific Between is coming out, I can relax a bit and focus on my writing again. And I'm really looking forward to that.

~ Ray


Category: , ,

Comments

ohdawno said…
So, how many words on the WIP since you posted?? I expect a full report. You may email or PM me.

::taps foot:: Auntie Dawno is waiting!!

Popular Posts