Tagged--memeThanks to Joanne I suddenly realized how many books on my nightstand I still have to finish reading. Yikes. Can I have another 5 hours in a day?
So, here was the meme:
1. Take first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 -- first sentence
3. Book 2 -- last sentence on page 50
4. Book 3 -- second sentence on page 100
5. Book 4 -- next to the last sentence on page 150
6. Book 5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to "cheat" to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources
10.Post to your blog.
Here are my results:
Marla started going to the support groups since it was easier to be around other human butt wipe. Then the class captain would blow his whistle and we'd march in a single file to our classrooms, longing for winter already, greeted instead by the specter of yet another long school year. "Marguerite..." he whispered. I listened as he moved away and then I went back to sleep. From up here, a half mile above the Earth, everything looked perfect to me.
(I changed one word, from "looks" to "looked," to keep with the tense)
Aloft by Chang-rei Lee
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
True At First Light by Ernest Hemingway